The role of the Kid’s Pastor is to oversee the children’s ministry strategy of Heights Church under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor, John Challinor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Heights Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The Kid’s Pastor will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Heights, by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps. The Kid’s Pastor will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend and mid-week environment.
The Kids Pastor will be responsible for the following:
- Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and care values of Heights Church. The Kid’s Pastor should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The CP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
- A passion for God
- Responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of Heights Church
- Models a strong and growing relationship with Christ
- Participating in a Heights life group on a regular basis
- Displays Christian leadership by using foundational spiritual qualities
- Displays ministry skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate Scripture, managing or coaching others, motivating others and graciously correctly others when necessary
- Displays working knowledge of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility
- Leadership of Kid’s Staff and Serve Team Members
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops, and empowers Kid’s ministry leaders:
- Communicating clear vision and wins for staff and serve teams on a regular basis.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to serve team members.
- Overseeing systems for background checks, safety and security procedures, scheduling, training, and care of serve team members.
- Leading staff and serve team meetings.
- Championing the Kid’s ministry leadership development strategy.
- Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
- Providing staff and volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
- Ensuring that the Kid’s ministry team answers questions and provides remarkable service to parents and kids on a consistent basis.
- Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to Heights Church.
- Managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
- Oversight and Execution of Kids Programs
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children:
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
- Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend/mid-week experiences.
- Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current, and focused on new kids and their families.
- Working alongside the Communications Team to produce videos, lessons, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about the kid’s ministry at Heights.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level)
- Effective communication skills with team members (interpersonal and group)
- Theologically and doctrinally aligned with Heights Church on important matters
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, with humility
- Demonstrates a heart and passion for ministry to children and ability to attract others to it
- Demonstrates a desire to share the life of Jesus with youth and see them engage in Christian faith
- Knowledge of the scriptures and ability to communicate to youth in an engaging and compelling way, Biblical education preferred
- Self-starter - able to work independently in a disciplined manner
- Demonstrated innovative and creative approach to ministry
- Administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Must be versatile and collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Planning Center, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to project a professional Heights image through in-person, video, email, and phone interaction
- Proven ability to use good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reviewing of applications will begin June 25th, 2021.